Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Turn....Finally




So some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted in so long. Here's why:


Caleb, who, by the way, is finally potty trained, has discovered the computer! His favorite game right now is Fisher Price's Little People Discovery Airport. I am amazed how fast he has learned to not only play this game, but to get the computer started and get the game going even when the CD is not in the computer. He's a pretty smart kid!


Let me update you on my niece, Lisa. They finally got the results back from pathology. The growth it turns out was malignant. They are going to have to do another surgery to remove the other side of her thyroid. The growth was encapsulated, and they believe they got everything, but they are going to go ahead and remove the rest as a precaution. She will have surgery on the 14th, so please keep her in your prayers.


Finally, after things being pushed back because of Ike, our fall schedule is finally getting going. My First Place group starts tomorrow evening at 5:00. If you haven't signed up, don't worry--there is still time. Just let me know. The ladies bible study group is doing Beth Moore's bible study Daniel. I am so excited! I have been wanting to do this one for a while. The first video and the first week of homework are great! The 4-H Food & Nutrition club had to post-pone our first meeting, so we are scheduled to have the first meeting on October 21 at 6:30 at the concession stand at the fairgrounds. Whew...I'm exhausted just thinking about it, and those are just MY commitments! Mike and the boys have a ton of other things....fishing club, Madisonville 4-H Club, men's bible study, children's choirs, AWANAS, UIL practice........


Well, that's all for now...I'll leave you with pics of my latest craft. No, the kids didn't do this one...I watched Martha Stewart's Halloween special (I usually can't stand her, but I think Halloween suits her...) and was inspired. She made spiders using glow sticks and styrofoam balls. Hers were really cute, and were used in a dark setting (so she didn't paint them, and they glowed green). But since I want mine to be cute during the day and I want them to last longer than glow sticks, I painted them black and used....what else????....beads!!!!!! I'm going to attach monofilament and hang them on the porch, but I couldn't wait to take pics so the one is resting his head on a candle...

1 comment:

Sandel said...

what a cute craft, love it. I will be praying for your niece.