We have dewberries growing all along our fence, and for as long as we have lived here, Casey and I pick dewberries every spring. This year they kind of snuck up on us. Casey went out one day to check them, and found that we had already missed some of them. They were huge this year! We got rain at just the right time I guess.
Anyway, I normally make a cobbler or two and then give the rest away. But this year was different. I wanted to try making jelly! I had never made it before and decided I wanted to give it a try. So Sunday was the day! I woke up way to late to go to church, so the boys and I stayed home, and Casey and I made jelly. Casey was there every step of the way while I was trying to figure out what to do! I had instructions, but some of it just didn't make sense until we did it.
The jelly turned out wonderful, and now I think I'm hooked! I am going to try a few other recipes that I have. If you have any good recipes for jellies or other preserves, send them on!
1 comment:
Jelly is FUN to make! It's a great little gift!
Post a Comment